The cocoa bean (also known as the cacao bean) is one of nature’s most amazing superfoods, offering high antioxidant value, mineral benefits and natural energy. Doctors and dieticians have espoused the benefits of dark chocolate for years, teaching us that the cacoa beans used to make this healthy chocolate can become a critical part of a healthy diet.
Crio Brü, the great tasting coffee alternative and coffee substitute is made from 100%, perfectly roasted cocoa beans. Nothing more, nothing less. No sugar, no chemicals, no dairy. Although Crio Brü roasts the cocoa beans, many of the health benefits found in its natural state are preserved, giving you a superior low caffeine coffee substitute with sky-high antioxidants, abundant minerals and healthy energy.
The cocoa beans used in Crio Bru and Crio Beans are superior to most foods because they deliver so many nutrients that we each need to boost health and wellness.
Here is list of some of the benefits of incorporating cocoa beans into your life:
Boost your immune system
- Antioxidants fight oxidative damage and free radicals in the body. Cocoa (or cacao) contains the highest concentration of antioxidants of any food in the world, including polyphenols, catechins, and epicatechins. By weight, cocoa has more antioxidants than red wine, blueberries, açai, pomegranates, and goji berries combined.
- Zinc plays a critical role in supporting your immune system, liver, pancreas and skin.
Increase energy naturally
- Cocoa beans contain a natural stimulant called theobromine that is a relative of caffeine. Unlike caffeine, theobromine gives you a noticeable increase in energy without making you feel nervous or jittery. Cacao naturally contains about 1% theobromine.
- Theobromine is gentle, mild, has a slow onset, is long lasting and non-addictive whereas caffeine is intense, strong, fast acting, short lived and addictive. In short, it gives you healthy energy as part of a healthy diet.
Curb your appetite and lose weight
- Cocoa is one of the great weight loss foods because within its extraordinary nutrition profile it contains the minerals and molecules that help curb appetite, promote weight loss and healthy living.
- Compared to soda, fruit juice and other drinks, Crio Brü has a nominal number of calories and only 1.5 carbs per serving with many health benefits making it an incredibly healthy drink and a great addition to any health and fitness program.
Support your heart, digestive system, brain and bones
- Cocoa has more magnesium that any other food, which supports the heart, aids digestion, balances brain chemistry and builds strong bones. Over 80% of Americans are chronically magnesium deficient.
- Crio Brü is a 100% gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, fat free food.
- Crio Beans are a 100% gluten free, dairy free, cholesterol free, soy free and sodium free food.
Oxygenate the blood and maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- The trace mineral manganese found in cacao assists iron to oxygenate the blood and form hemoglobin.
- Found naturally in cacao, copper helps build healthy blood.
- Nearly 80% of Americans are deficient of the trace mineral chromium that helps promote a healthy blood sugar level.
- This is another reason Crio Breans are truly a healthy chocolate.
Feel great, increase focus, reduce stress and sleep better
- An endorphin or “bliss chemical” called anadamide is produced by our body after exercise that makes us feel great. It has also been found in one plant – cacao.
- Our body produces the chemical phenylethylamine when we fall in love and increases focus and alertness. This natural chemical is also found abundantly in cacao.
- Cacao contains serotonin, a primary neurotransmitter in the body that helps build a “stress defense shield”.
- Tryptophan is a natural anti-depressant amino acid contained in cacao that transforms into stress-protective neurotransmitters that enhance relaxation and promote better sleep.
Adding Crio Brü and Crio Beans to your daily diet will help you take advantage of the many nutrients and benefits native to the cocoa bean, enabling you to lead a healthier and happier life. But that’s not all. Cacao is 100% gluten free, dairy free, cholesterol free, soy free, sodium free and sugar free. It’s one of nature’s most amazing superfoods, providing not only natural energy, but high antioxidant value, mineral benefits and more*. That's what makes Crio Brü such a great, healthy coffee alternative.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Sources: www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/9566.php | Naked Chocolate by David Wolfe and Shazzie